Monday, 13 July 2009

Now that's funny

What were the names of those two guys who used to write the routines for Morecombe and Wise a few years ago? I assumed that they were either dead or at best retired, but it seems that they are both still hard at work, providing material for Sir Alex Ferguson. Fergie, today hit out at the ridiculously high transfer fees being paid by clubs. Strangely enough, the biggest transfer fee paid by a club to date is £80 million, paid to Manchester United. There is no doubt that if any budding comedians out there are looking for a guy to play the role of "straight man" then SAF is the man for the job. Anyone who can deliver such comments with a straight face, would surely have no trouble taking a custard pie in his face.

5 comments:

  1. A custard pie named "tevez" perhaps??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard this morning that we had signed him and despite claims from United sources that they have got a better deal in signing Owen, a good acquisition on City's part. I just hope that reports that we are to offer Terry £250000 pw wages are just talk. I think he is overrated and getting on a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very true...between Fergie and Benitez I think we have the making of a new Mike and Bernie Winters - get Wenger on board as Shnorbitz and we are in business.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I presume when you say getting on a bit, you mean in football terms Tony.Good central defenders tend to be around Terry's age at 29 I would expect another good three years and as the objective is to get into the champions league sooner rather than later he could be well worth the money.I do not see the point in spending millions on gifted players when we have a center half (Dunne)who can only pass the ball back or hoof it and is prone to disastrous howlers.Tevez Adebayor,Terry great players,can't wait for the season to start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I know who that weird scotsman was that kept pestering me and calling me "callus" I thought he was from a skin cream company.

    ReplyDelete