Tuesday, 30 August 2016

New Blog Ready

My daughter has finished helping me create a new blog.  Thanks very much for all your time Andrea, you have repaid a small amount of the love and affection I have showered on you for the last 22 years.  It is available to view you can find it by searching google by entering ilovemcfc blog.  It will be the second result.  There are four posts on, which are test posts and will be deleted once we're up and running.  Anyone can comment on any post, however to create a new one, you need the admin password, which I will give everyone when needed.  I or rather my daughter has left it quite open for posting at present because I'm only anticipating those users of this blog to use it.  It is in no way is intended to compete with KK and is really to allow those of us who have got used to coming on here and airing our views every few days to continue to do so.   I'd be grateful if you'd all take a look and familiarise yourselves with posting comments on the posts that are on there.  If and when anyone wants to post their own post, I will let you have the password.  The only drawback is that as the blog is free, we are limited with what we can do.  You can't post video clips for example and there may be the odd advert popping up and one user name and password is all we get so everyone in effect who wants to post becomes admin.  Let's see how we go and if we get invaded by United fans posting nasty comments, I can tighten security, but for now, I just want to make it easy for everyone.

It's not coming up on google, so for the time being here's the homepage url
https://ourboysinblue.wordpress.com/about/

NOTE:  I HAVE HAD TO CHANGE THE NAME AS THERE WERE QUITE A FEW I LOVE CITY SITES. ALL COMMENTS ARE STILL THERE

Tony P

11 comments:

  1. Sounds good mate, will give it a go 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Tony.you're a true citizen and a true gent. I will be raising my pint glass to you and Andrea every City match. Here's to the always eventful ride of being a City Fan...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tony, I've had a look and can't see anything coming up as yet, I'll keep checking unless I'm doing something daft. I have joined facebook, but the forums/blogs are not as much fun as the old, and hopefully new, one will be.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Peter. It's nothing special, just a simple blog apparently that my daughter creates all the time as part of her work, but I felt like an 80 year old when she was explaining it to me. This from the guy who used to mentor new recruits into the workings of our systems in the mid 80's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you on that Tony as I myself feel like a Luddite when it comes to blogs, writing code and data...

      Delete
  4. I just looked too peter and it's not coming up either. Can't think what has happened since yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blog is still there, I will have to ask my daughter why it's no longer coming up on google. Anyway, the link to the homepage is https://ilovemcfc.wordpress.com/about/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is Tony's daughter Andrea. I'd just like to add to public record that in exchange for helping him set up this blog, he promised to purchase a £30 cardigan from ASOS for me. I will not stand by and watch a man avoid his debt. HELP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blog is going well thanks Andrea and if your dad hasn't bought you the cardigan yet let me know. (This blog has been archived hasn't it?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not yet Steve. I came on to see if my message about the blog was still here and noticed Andrea's comment, made whilst I was making us both a cup of tea, I might add. Kids! You feed them, clothe them, give them 6d a week spends and they still find something to moan about.

    ReplyDelete